Menu 

H2RO – Main Forums HYDROFLIGHT SPORTS Where do you fly?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  blainejeffery 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nick Homer
    Nick Homer
    Participant

The topic basically sums this one up… Where do you mostly fly? Hopefully this helps the guys who are “out in the boonies” to make some friends.

Nick Homer
    Nick Homer
    Participant

We fly all over Utah in the summer, and California, Nevada, and Arizona in the winter, In the summer we’re mostly at Deer Creek, Jordanelle, Pineview, and Utah lake.

blainejeffery
    Keymaster

Thanks for getting the ball rolling here Nick. I fly in Victoria, BC CANADA and then jump in the media line at events so Qatar, Dubai… Louisiana? Looking forward to experiencing many more of the awesome rides out there including your JetDeck!

wmcelwee

Casey and I fly mainly in SouthEast WI. As north as hwy 60 (Pike Lake) as south as Kenosha with Louie @ the Kenosha Yacht club as west as Okauchee lake with Nick Pacocha

HAMerrell
    HAMerrell
    Participant

Ben Merrell & I run a rental in Destin, Florida, our hometown. Water’s crystal clear most of the time and temperatures are bearable for the most part πŸ˜‰ Our main location is located in the Destin harbor but we also have a location on the Gulf of Mexico about 30 minutes from our main location and then we will be opening up a third location about an hour and a half from our main location in June on the Santa Rosa Sound.

oregonflyer
    oregonflyer
    Participant

My rental operation is in Hood River Or. on the Columbia River. I fly out of there June thru Sept. We live in Maui during the winter months so I fly there when I can get the right days. The optimum site to fly is on the south shore. However, the area is closed to pwc Dec. 15 to May 15. My only option then is to fly in an area located 2 miles from the famous surfing site called “Jaws”. Needless to say, the waves on the north shore are my limiting factor, not to mention the wind. So on those days when the waves are small and the wind is calm I am there.

HDAV
    Participant

No one else from Europe? I dont have my own flyboard (yet πŸ˜‰ ) but have flown at 2 lakes in South Wales and in the Atlantic off Portugal’s south coast (algarve) it is different on the sea compared to a lake!

hheiko
    Participant

hi. I tried it in germany. Wassenberg. I tried both, flyboard and hoverboard. both were AMAZING. Unfortunately to expensive to try it more often πŸ™

blainejeffery
    Keymaster

I’m curious where people think the best location would be for a major Hydroflight Championship? Flyboard World Championship is in Dubai for the next four years at least… where would you put a competition if you were running the show?

blainejeffery
    Keymaster

Yes, I’m hopeful that the hydroflight industry will find creative ways to decrease rental/lesson costs over time providing opportunities for the general public to fly more often.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Translate »