X Dubai Flyboard World Cup Interview with Franky Zapata
Flyboard® and Hoverboard by ZR® are Trademarks of Zapata Racing
Flyboard and Hoverboard by ZR inventor Franky Zapata took time out of his hectic X Dubai Flyboard World Cup schedule to talk again with H2RO Magazine. This was our third interview with Franky and we were excited to learn more about the partnership with X Dubai, the introduction of the Hoverboard to the 2015 Flyboard World Cup and Franky’s new no hose Air Flyboard. Can you say Atomic Engine!
Key info from this interview:
- The X Dubai Flyboard World Cup will be in Dubai for the next 5 years.
- X Dubai is looking to incorporate a number of other sports to create a X Games atmosphere.
- In 2015 competitive Hoverboarding will make its debut in Dubai. A combination slalom race and freestyle tricks is sure to become a fan favorite.
- The Air Flyboard is operational and has successfully been flown. Franky has an atomic engine for the new prototype and believes that with our 2014 technology and our understanding of how to fly this device will fulfill the dream of a personal flying machine which has been in the works since the 1940’s.
Check out Franky Zapata as he puts on a Flyboard exhibition for Dubai Royalty, the fans and his Flyboard Family. Nailing doubles like nothing and flipping with the UAE flag.
H2RO Interviews with Franky Zapata
– We talk Hoverboard at the Flyboard North American Championship (June 2014)
– Our first interview was in Doha, Qatar at the 2013 Flyboard World Cup (November 2013)