Innovation. That’s what we at H2RO Magazine search for, celebrate and support. There are no short cuts when you want to design and build the world’s most advanced waterflight products. For over two years, DEFY WATERFLIGHT (now known as DEFY Hydroflight) has worked to create an experience that feels completely free and “untethered” in the air.
With each prototype they journeyed closer to their goal of ‘Agility, Control and Freedom’. The JetDeck X3 is the culmination of their passion for excellence and belief that a rider should have the ability to move freely in any direction regardless of the hose orientation beneath them.
DEFY WATERFLIGHT products are manufactured, machined, and assembled in the USA.
- The ability to control each foot/nozzle independently means the hydroflyer gains more control in the air and in the water. Beginners will be able to recover much quicker from mistakes and the experienced flyers can initiate faster spins and a wide range of advanced maneuvers.
- Steering with your feet means the rider isn’t forced to have to throw their weight around, just tilt your feet and watch the board come around.
- A simple flick of the feet and you will be spinning and carving your name in the sky.
- The Rocker Link works to isolate the rider from the stiff supply hose below and is the key element in the JetDeck’s free-flight feeling. While competing hydroflight products only allow the rider to freely balance directly forward and backward, the Rocker Link gives the rider 360 degrees of freedom.
- This “freedom” allows the rider to move and balance intuitively, instead of being pulled around and hindered by the weight of a heavy hose.
- The JetDeck maintains movement options in all directions even when the hose is coming up to the rider at a steep side angle.
- Never worry about fighting against, or kinking the hose with Rocker Link technology.
- DEFY’s signature nozzles stretch the flow of water right before the nozzle exit, which results in a shaped stream that looks less like the spray from a garden hose, and more like a supercar exhaust. Elliptical nozzles contribute more than just looks though…
- With the additional mobility of the Rocker Link, the JetDeck’s water streams have the potential to be angled sideways directly onto the hose beneath it. Having a wider spray means that even when the hose is sticking directly out sideways, only a small portion of the jet will enter into contact with the hose. With elliptical nozzles, you can fly over the hose all day and you won’t feel a thing.
- The elliptical shape also creates a more consistent surface for the water to push against through its final curve, resulting in less flow back-up, and higher power potential.
- DEFY’s PowerLink hoses efficiently deliver consistent power to the nozzles, regardless of how far the hose is bent over to the side. These hoses are a result of over a year of R&D, and are literally the most flexible hose in the world (we’ve gone through all the most flexible hoses in the world, and they just weren’t enough, so we developed our own).
- The flat shape of the hose midsection allows it to bend completely over itself with no tendency to kink or restrict water flow.
- This flat/rectangular design also results in extremely low stretch fatigue, which means you can bend the hose all day long and it’ll just keep asking for more.
- The JetDeck incorporates standard 6″ spacing with an M6 bolt pattern, which means you can attach literally any wakeboard binding to customize your ride.
- DEFY recommends getting the most flexible boot possible, and one that specifically allows the rider to point their toes downward (this helps with backflips and other maneuvers).
- Another priority when looking for bindings is ease of entry and exit. Some newer bindings (like the hyperlite system) allow you to strap in and release like a snowboard binding, which is great.
- Whatever you choose to fly in, keep those bindings TIGHT
- The JetDeck handle actually serves a dual purpose… Most importantly, it makes transportation and water entry/exit a piece of cake. Having a handle to grab onto while you’re pulling the JetDeck (and a very heavy water-filled hose) out of the water was a no-brainer.
- The handle also adds a lot of strength to the JetDeck’s crossbeam while adding minimal weight. Strength was a big ticket item for us in designing the JetDeck, and the handle is just another element that adds to the looks, the strength, and functionality.
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci
Ready to Fly?
For more information and to shop online visit Defy Waterflight
(2 axis system)
TEAM DEFY AT HYDROFEST